Title? What title?

Friday, January 06, 2006

Backlog of updates........

I've been meaning to update my small little corner ever since I came back from the speedlight camp but I was busy and tired most of the time.......and lazy too so the amount of updates accumulated till now.

Firstly, I just wanna say that the camp was not as bad as I feared. As a matter of fact, I'm actually quite happy that I took a step out of my comfort zone to participate in a camp (something which I've never done before). Thru this camp, I'm reminded once more of God's presence and the reality of His existence and after being "busy" with world affairs for so long, its high time for me to get back to the things that truly matters. It is indeed refreshing to spend 24/7 being in the presence of fellow lighters, doing group devotions and spending time learning more and worshipping God. There are many things in this camp that's worthy of mentioning: the worship services, the workshops, the high rope element (I thot I couldn't do it but I managed to complete one station - it may not sound much but to me it's an achivement....haha) and the night walk. The night walk is especially interesting:although its muddy and dirty and tiring and straining and little bit predictable - it's still kinda fun (once in a lifetime experience thingie). It's a little bit difficult to describe but parts of it parallel the christian walk. The facilitator told us that the journey is uncertain.....but someone has paved the way and there is the assurance that a home awaits us. Similarly, in our lives, things are unpredictable and uncontrollable....yet we can be assured that God is with us and that we will be with Him eventually. I think that it is this hope that we have that allows us to pull through all circumstances, smiling even in the face of adversity. Sometimes, we need to take a step of faith towards what we cannot see.......and once we take that step, we will realise that there is actually nothing to be afraid of because He will always be there for us.

Second thing to update is that today is the last day of my internship. It's been great working with all the rest of interns - such a fun-loving bunch of people. It's almost miraculous how we can just talk about almost anything under the sun while working - and cracking our misc jokes (mostly econs jokes) at the same time. It's not easy to find people who have almost the same sense of humor as you........though some may beg to differ actually. I really wanna thank people there who have put up with me and my crappy jokes (partial derivaties from other jokes actually) and I really learn a lot of new stuff listening to them. These people really made working enjoyable and fun.

Third thing is next monday is start of school liaoz.......though some things are not settled yet, I've decided to trust God that everything will work well in the end. This does not mean I'm going to be passive and wait for things to happen. On the contrary, I will make things happen but I will also accept if certain things cannot go my way. Although I made lotsa new year resolution, I broke them within couple of days. Some of the broken resolutions include:
1. don't be late
2. don't waste food

The pt is resolutions are impt. And just because u break them doesn't mean u cannot try to keep them.....Actually the pt of resolutions to me is more of self-reflection than actual keeping since it forces me to think about what I really want in life. Time is so precious - once a day goes it will never come back again. U may have more days, but they are not the exact day u have lost.....I'm not sure if this year will be a crossroad in my life but I pray that 2006 will be a year of changes (good ones) even though changes are painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home